All students in grades PreK-5 are invited to participate in the Wilton Education Foundation’s fun & non-competitive Read-A-Thon “Reading Rocks!” The Reading Rocks! goal is to encourage children to have fun reading while raising money for the Wilton Education Foundation – that means all proceeds benefit our public schools!
Students will be able to choose his or her own goal for Reading Rocks! The goal is completely up to the child.
This is the 9th year for the Reading Rocks! program. In the first eight years, Reading Rocks! raised more than $300,000 in total for our schools!! This outstanding effort helped WEF fund:
- Middlebrook Makerspace
- Cider Mill Virtual Reality Technology Lab
- Miller-Driscoll Student-Run Postal Center
- Miller-Driscoll TV /Recording Studio
- Odyssey of the Mind Sponsorship
- Professional development for our teachers ($20K in 2019) and more!!
HOW READING ROCKS! WORKS
- We have a goal of 100% student participation in this year’s Reading Rocks!
- Students ask friends/family to support their reading goals and record it on the pledge form provided.
- A student can read independently, be read to by someone else, flip through a picture book, or even read with someone on the phone or via Skype – anything goes that helps the student celebrate reading!
- Pledge dollars must be submitted with pledge form NO LATER than January 24th
- Pledges should be in $5 increments in support of your child’s overall commitment to read more, rather than a per-page or per-book challenge. We’re encouraging each student to try to raise at least $25.
- We prefer payments to be made online, however if you would rather submit via the form provided, while we accept cash and checks (made payable to the Wilton Education Foundation)./li>
- Students will have from Jan 25th – Feb 8th to complete their reading goals.
THERE ARE FUN PRIZES!
- On Jan 24th all PreK-2 Miller-Driscoll and all Cider Mill students can Dress Like a Rock Star because Reading Rocks!!!
- As of Jan 24th, the Miller-Driscoll PreK-2 Grade and the Cider Mill House with the highest participation percentage will earn an extra recess AND a homework-free day!
- For every $5.00 raised by Jan 24th, each student will earn a chance to WIN AN iPAD OR KINDLE FIRE! For example, if your child raises $50, he or she earns 10 chances to win! There will be one Kindle Fire awarded per PreK-2nd grade at Miller-Driscoll and one per House at Cider Mill, and one iPad Grand Prize will be awarded to one student across all grades PreK-5. *win an iPad or a gift card of equivalent value to the Apple Store
Please complete donations online or return all forms with any cash/checks received in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade/house and teacher’s name by Jan 24th
Questions? Contact Kiki Cross at KCross106@gmail.com or Jen Carvajal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms for Printing can be found below but are NOT Required for Online Pledges. See link above to make an online pledge today
WEF Pledge Form Back
WEF Pledge Form Front
Thank you for your participation and for your support of our schools!
The Wilton Education Foundation thanks the Stroup family for their generous sponsorship of Reading Rocks!